Mission & Vision
Our mission is to contribute with business solutions that are economically viable and socially empowering to the main environmental challenges at the local and global level.
We envision an economy harmoniously integrated into nature, conceived for and by the people. We want to be a pioneering source of sustainable business practice, founded on collaborative work through networks.
In order to achieve the above-mentioned mission and vision, we set ourselves the following objectives to guide our work:
- Identify, empower, promote and connect green businesses, understood as business ventures that create high environmental value, are economically viable and socially empowering
- Boost the creation of green businesses, through eco-entrepreneurship methodologies
- Contribute to the establishment and inter-connection of green business networks
- Foster business innovation towards environmental sustainability
- Measure and spread the real impact of green businesses along the three dimensions of sustainability
- Act as a catalyst for the advancement of the law and public policy with regards to the Green Economy and Sustainable Development
Three are the core values that charaterize us:
- Determination: we firmly believe in the essential role of business in environmental preservation and sustainability in general
- Collaboration: our structure is that of a network of networks, with a working philosophy grounded on sharing resources and joining forces in pursuit of the common good
- Action: we advocate for a pragmatic approach driven by action, and oriented towards constant learning and improvement. Action from the first-person, singular (“I do”) and plural (“We do”); action based on data; action to positively impact the environment and society
Greenbiz’s origings date back to Incubaeco, an incubator of eco-entrepreneurs operating since 2012. Incubaeco, in turn, was an initiative led by Emprendae, a social enterprise working since 2009 for the promotion and empowerment of eco-entrepreneurs.
In the autumn of 2014, propelled by a collaboration with our German counterparts (UnternehmensGrün, the German Federal Association of Green Business), within the framework of a mapping of leading eco-entrepreneurs and green start-ups in Europe, Incubaeco widened its scope, reach and target audience, giving birth to Greenbiz, the Spanish node of Ecopreneur.eu, the European Network of Green Business and Green Economy.
In this manner, inherited from our co-founders’ DNA, we are born with a vision and a working philosophy firmly rooted on collaboration and networking.
Jesus Iglesias and Luis Morales, from Greenbiz, in action.